Among other latest retail-related news, Didier De Jeager chose to focus on a brand new instore innovation : Pepper the robot, the last impressive sales activation tool !
Social robots could change the customer experience for hotel visitors. At the reception desk of a Hilton hotel in McLean, Virginia, a robot named Connie could help you get around town, find a museum or recommend what to do during your visit. read more
Let’s forget for a second that this is a robot, and let’s focus on what I believe is the most interesting part, namely its perceptional and interactional abilities, such as:
- Identify a visitor’s gender as well as evaluate their size and age to select and offer products that match these criteria;
- Recognize a returning client and instantly get their previous purchases list;
- Determine its interlocutor’s emotions and react accordingly;
- Speak the language of a foreign visitor and…
- …save each of these data.
Some of these skills go beyond human abilities. Yet what is at stake here is to offer a better instore service –to a greater extent than clerks ending up being replaced by machines. Didier De Jaeger
Source : Altavia Watch